Normandy Shores Golf Club
In January of 1928 land was donated to the City of Miami Beach by M. C. Gryzmish and a year later the city began to dredge and haul in fill which would later become the man-made island for the golf course.
Ten years later, in 1939, the City of Miami Beach had created Normandy Shores Isle and two years prior on July 28, 1937 Howard Toomy and William S. Flynn were hired as the golf course architects. A couple years of planning and development and the golf course and new club house were competed on December 18, 1941.
Normandy Shores golf course was renovated by Mark Manahan in Around 1956 which led to it becoming a popular destination for the rich and famous. The golf course attracted regulars such as Peter Thompson, Sam Snead, and even the legendary Arnold Palmer.
For the following 50 years Normandy was maintained by the City of Miami Beach. It wasn’t until 2008 that it underwent another renovation that cost $9 million dollars. The Golf Club renovation was designed by Arthur Hills and mainly focused on updating and expanding the Club house and giving the aging course an upgrade.
To play this course and embrace a piece of golf history book a tee time at https://www.normandyshoresgolfclub.com/.
Contact Vella Real Estate for more information about homes in the area. 786.505.2443